Park Farm Campsite is located on the border between Kent and East Sussex 3 miles south of Hawkhurst, near Robertsbridge and Bodiam (famous for Bodiam Castle and the Castle Inn). This places us between Tunbridge Wells (19 miles) and Hastings (13 miles) at the south coast.
Hawkhurst is a thriving village with both Tesco and Waitrose. There is also a local butchers, local baker, chemist and a range of takeaway restaurants, as well as a petrol station, banks with cash machines, and a Kino Digital cinema. There are also several pubs and restaurants.
Beaches and the Coast
- 13 miles away is the nearest beach of Hastings, one of many beaches within easy reach of Park Farm; but it is only sandy at low tide
- Camber Sands is the closest all year round sandy beach, approximately 20 miles. Very popular
- Other coastal towns include Rye, Hythe, and Brighton
- Bodiam – walking distance from the Campsite along the river Rother to the Castle. Google Earth shows the path for you to take, and has even labelled it Park Farm Pathway (thanks Google).
Castle Inn is very well known in the area, and the Kent & East Sussex Railway provides a memorable train journey to the Castle.
Then, from Bodiam, try these towns:
- Robertsbridge – 4.5 miles away (10 mins) -historic market town, home to the world famous Grey Nicholls cricket bats
- Battle – 8 miles away (16 mins) – Famous for the Battle that ended the Anglo-Saxon era. Quaint market village with the Abbey, historic buildings, banks, shops, post office. The Abbey sells excellent Mead, Elderflower Wine, and Ginger Wine amongst others
- Hastings – 13 miles away (27 mins) – Seaside resort; marked with Edwardian and Victorian Buildings along the sea front. Warrior Square and many excellent restaurants. Fishing boats are dragged up onto the beach to sell fresh fish
- Rye – 13 miles away (26 mins) – Don’t miss this awesome village. Visit the information centre first and see the show on how Rye started and developed. A museum of old Penny Arcade machines for the nostalgic. A lock and really, really old buildings along Mermaid Street. Birthplace for the adventures of Captain Pugwash
- Royal Tunbridge Wells – 19 miles away (37 mins) – well know for the Chalybeate Spring and the Pantiles area
- Hythe – 29 miles away (58 mins) – One of the Cinque Ports. Terminus of the RDH steam train, an awesome scaled down railway system.